All contractor’s staff who carry out on site duties of the STMS for Level 2 or 3 roads must hold this qualification.
Candidates requiring a Level 2/3 STMS Practising qualification must pass the requirements of a Practical Assessment. A Level 2/3 STMS NP is the required prerequisite.
For candidates who have never sat this level the following three parts are required:
Part 1 – Verification of three closures carried out ‘under instruction’ of a fully qualified Practising Level 2/3 STMS.
Part 2 – Theory Questions. Candidates must answer simple theory questions to verify understanding of TTM concepts.
Part 3 – For the Practical Assessment each Candidate is required to:
– check the TMP to be used for their Practical Assessment
– deliver a Tool Box briefing to the crew
– carry out a check of the equipment used
– instruct the crew on the full installation of the worksite
– carry out a check of the Worksite
– induct the assessor in to working space (& show the assessor the completed paper work)
– instruct the crew on the removal of the site
For a Level 2/3 STMS Practising who is renewing their qualification only Part 3 above is required.
Require an NZQA Unit Standard?
We can provide the following Unit Standards for Level 2/3 Practising STMS:
||Operate as a Site Traffic Management Supervisor – (STMS) for Level 2 and 3 roads
Please advise on your workshop booking if you are interested in a Unit Standard.
Fees are exclusive of GST.